Sometimes, user’s Microsoft Account gets hacked. So, in this blog you will read how to check and fix if your MS Account gets hacked. For more information about MS Account, go to www.office.com/setup.
How to Check If Microsoft Account Gets Hacked?
- First, you should try to log into your personal Microsoft account.
- Then, from your account you need to select the Recent Activity option.
- After this, you will see the window which opens up and here you can see your recent activity.
- If in case, anybody try to access your account then the message will appear on your screen Was this you? If not let us know.
- If you find that there are multiple unauthorized actions, then you should try to secure your account just by creating a stronger password and also you should apply the additional security measures.
What You Should Do If MS Account Hacked?
- Change or Set up Another Password:
If in case, your account has been hacked but you can still use your Microsoft account, then you should immediately set up a new password. For this, you should sign in to your MS Account and then visit to the Change password menu.
You should fill the empty boxes from the menu and then change your old password with a strong and new password. You can also use a password checker to test the strength of your new password.
2. Reset your Old Password:
If in case, your Microsoft account has been hacked then you will no longer be able to connect. So, in this situation you should reset your password.
You can also go towards the troubleshooting process which is provided by Microsoft in which you should select I think someone else is using my Microsoft Account. After this, just follow the on-screen directions to reset your password and also to set up a new pass for your personal account. For details, you should go to office.com/setup.
3. Recover your Microsoft Account:
If in case, you cannot be able to reset your pass then you should recover your Microsoft Account. In this, Microsoft has provided you a service through which you can recover your personal account without using a password. For this, you should go to this page and then fill up the question and answer. Here, you just have to follow the on-screen directions and then your Microsoft account will be recovered.
4. Re-secure your Microsoft Account:
When you restore your Microsoft account, then you should add some extra security features just to protect your personal info and data. For this, you should use Microsoft’s own settings which appear on your own account and then signed in. After this, go to Account Summary and then change the info which you think it was hacked.
And you should also visit to Security info and then add as many details just to protect your account and also help Microsoft to protect your data against malware attack.
For more details about Microsoft Account, just visit to the official site of Microsoft Office via www.office.com/setup.
check here this link: If Keyboard Keep Typing of its Own! How to Fix it?