In the Recent activity page, the user cam to know when and where they have used their MS account in the last 30 days. The user can view the location details and also how their account was accessed by using which web browser or phone. In case, the user views only a Recent activity section on the page, then there is no need to confirm any activity.
You can view an Unusual activity section, to know whether the activity was performed by you or not. For this, you can expand an activity, and select “This was me” or “This wasn’t me”. These options are provided in the Unusual activity section. By selecting any one option, you can block unauthorized access more quickly.
If you want to secure your account, then you should visit to the Security settings page and can change your password and also can update security settings. Here, the user can also remove all trusted devices. In this blog, you will read about the complete information of Recent Activity page of MS Account. For details, visit office.com/myaccount.
Recent Activity Page of MS Account:
1. Manage Unusual Activity:
To find out the unusual activity in your account, the user can review the Unusual activity section. You can view the date and time, location and also the type of activity. The user can also view the additional details like:
1. You can view the IP address of the device on which the activity is performed.
2. On map, you can view the specific location.
3. The type of operating system which is used for the activity.
4. The internet browser which is used for the activity.
If the activity was safe, the user should select This was me or This wasn’t me. These options are there in the Unusual activity section.
If you select This wasn’t me, then Microsoft will protect your account from unauthorized access. In this situation, you have to change your password and also update your security info.
If you select This was me, then there is no need to block your account.
2. Manage Unusual Activity:
If the user views anything suspicious in the Recent activity section, then you should select Secure your account.
3. Activities on the Recent Activity Page:
There is a list of activity which you will view on the Recent Activity page.
- Account created
- Account name changed
- Additional verification requested
- Alias added; Alias deleted; Primary alias changed
- All security info marked for removal
- Alternate email added; Alternate email deleted; Identity verification app added; Identity verification app deleted; Phone number added; Phone number deleted; Recovery code added
- App password created; App password deleted
- Automatic sync
- Incorrect password entered
- Password changed,
- Password reset
- Permission given to an application
- Profile info changed
- Sign-in blocked (Account compromised)
- Sign-in blocked (Account temporarily suspended)
- Successful sign-in
- Two-step verification turned on; Two-step verification turned off
- Unusual activity detected
These are all the activities which you will view on the Recent Activity page of MS Account. For info related to MS Account, visit office.com/myaccount.