Sometimes, when the user tries to move files from one location to another or if they delete them from the storage or Trash, then they receive the error code 43 on their Mac device. In this blog, you will read the solution to fix Error Code 43 on Mac. But in case, you need any technical assistance then you can contact to the expert of Microsoft via www.office.com/setup.
The Reasons of the Error Code 43:
This error occurs when there are no shared points in the disk where you have stored the files, the files which you are accessing might not be available anymore, the disk may be corrupted, if you are accessing a file with illegal characters, may be the file cannot be downloaded or copied fully from its source, the content you are accessing can be locked, and may be you don’t have the authority to access the respective content.
Solution To Fix Error Code 43 on Mac:- www.office.com/setup
1: Fix the Mac Drive with Disk Utility:
- First, open the Disk Utility application on your Mac or you can go to Finder, then click on Applications, after this hit on Utilities and then click on Disk Utility.
- Now, you can see the various partitions and external drives on the sidebar. From here, you should select your Macintosh HD.
- Then from the toolbar, you should click on the “First Aid” button and then just select run the first aid scan on your hard disk.
- Here, you should Agree to the prompt and wait for sometimes so that the scan completes on your Mac device. At last, you can see the results and just restart your Mac.
2: Reset PRAM and NVRAM on Mac:
- First, you should go to your Mac’s Finder and then click on the “Shut Down” option just to turn your Mac off.
- After Mac turned off, then you should press the Power key to restart it. You can press Command + Option + P + R keys at the same time for around 20 seconds while your Mac restarts.
- Here, you will listen the system chime for the second time which will depict the PRAM is restored on Mac. At last, just check your Mac has been restarted with no issues.
3: Get Rid of Locked Files from Trash:
- First, you should launch a Terminal (as an administrator) on your Mac or you can go to its Finder > Applications > Utilities and then launch Terminal.
- After this, just run the command “ch-flags -R touching” to unlock the files on your Mac device. Here, enter the password of your account.
- Now, you have to launch the Trash application on your Mac, and then just select all the files which are present in it just by pressing the Command + A keys.
- After selecting the files, you should drag all files from Trash and then drop them to the Terminal just to get rid of them or just double click the Trash icon to wipe it as well.
4: Forcefully Quit Finder:
- You should click on the Apple logo, and then you have to choose Force Quit the Finder or just press the Option + Command + Esc keys altogether.
- Now, the Force Quit application window opens up on your computer screen. Here, you should select Finder and then click on the “Force Quit” button just to close it forcefully.
The above method will help you to solve the Error Code 43 on Mac. If in case, you are still facing the error then for technical support you can call the customer care of Microsoft via office.com/setup.