MS Office is consisting of many IT applications like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Access etc. But all these applications perform different tasks and make the work of every individual easy. All the institutions, hospitals, organizations, firms, students, and businessmen’s use this software to increase the productivity of their firm. And MS Word helps in formatting, editing, creating text document and also used for making resumes etc. You can install this software through www.office.com/setup. And in blog, you will learn how you can create a graph in Microsoft Word application. When you want to display data visually then you have to turn your data into graph.
Create A Graph on Mac:
To create and customize a graph in Word for Mac, follow the below steps:
- First you should open the Word document in which you want to create a graph.
- Then you should select the Insert option, which is located on the upper-left corner of the window.
- Now, just select the Chart option. Always remember there are large numbers of items in chart option and only few items are graphs.
- Then put the mouse cursor over the type of graph which you want to create.
- Here the sub-menu options will appear which contains multiple options, which have different formats and variations. Now you have to select the graph which you want to insert in the document. this blog
- At this point, in the Excel spreadsheet which opens, you should enter the data for the graph.
- When you are done with both the category names and values, then close the Excel window and then see the graph in the Word document.
- If you want to access the data in the Excel, then select the graph, and go to the Chart Design tab. After this, select Edit Data in Excel.
Create a Graph in Window:
To create a graph in a Word for Windows document, then follow the below steps:
- First, you have to open the Word document in which you want to create a graph.
- Then just the select the Insert option, which is on the upper-left corner of the Word window.
- Now, just select Chart option.
- In the Insert Chart dialog box, you have to select the type of graph which you want to create.
- At this point, you will see each group of graphs contains multiple options, which have different formats and variations. When you choose the graph which you want to insert, then select OK button.
- Now, the graph will appear in the Word document, and in the new window which have the editable data in the spreadsheet format will open. If you want to modify the category names and data, then you can replace the existing text and numeric values with the specific entries. Changes which you made in the spreadsheet will reflect immediately in the graph.
- If you wish to edit the data in Microsoft Excel, then you have to select Edit Data in the miniature spreadsheet.
- When you are done with the category names and values, and then close the spreadsheet window.
If you still have any kind of issues or problem then you can visit to the official website of MS Office through office.com/setup.