Google Chrome is the best and popular web browser which provides you many apps and extensions. This browser is fast, reliable and easy to use. But sometimes Chrome frequently crashes or freezes and stops working. So, in this blog you will read the solution to fix if Chrome crashes or freezes. In case, you need technical support then you may contact to the customer care of Microsoft via www.office.com/setup.
Causes of Chrome Freezing:
The causes of the Chrome freezing are if there is too many tabs are open in Chrome and also the browser is utilizing too many system resources, if third-party apps interfere with the Chrome’s operation this cause the browser to crash and if there is virus and malware infections present in Chrome.
Solution to Fix Chrome When It Freezes or Crashes:
- To solve this issue, first you have to close all the open Chrome tabs except that tab which is giving you the error message. This is because if so many tabs are open, then your computer might run out of memory, which results in new Chrome window unable to load with the Chrome apps and extensions. If you do want to close all unused tabs manually, then you can take help of the Chrome browser extension called The Great Suspender.
- After closing all Chrome tabs and windows, then you should wait for a few minutes, and then just restart Chrome. In case, the Chrome is completely frozen then you cannot be able to close the open windows, so for this you should forcefully quit the application in macOS or Windows. office.com/setup
- Then, you should quit other running apps and programs. If they are frozen, then you should force-quit those apps. This process will free up system resources. When you close running program, you should try Chrome again.
- To fix any computer issue, you should reboot your computer system.
- You can also disable Chrome apps and extensions because an app or extension might be causing the issue. You should disable extensions and add-ons one by one to fix the problem. If you find the Chrome’s behavior starts improving then the problem is solved and you must have find the problematic app or extension.
- After disabling apps and extensions, if you find Chrome loads normally, then you can add extensions back one by one.
- You should check for viruses and other malware in your computer system. Because Chrome freezes or crashes due to the malware or a virus infection. Hence, you should scan your Mac or PC just to find and remove the infections.
- You should reset Chrome to its default state as this will restores the original search engine, homepage, content settings, cookies, and disabling extensions and themes as well. Remember, your Bookmarks and saved passwords will be remain in place.
- You should Uninstall and reinstall Chrome browser on a PC or Mac just to get a fresh start. After this, you have to reinstall apps and extensions.
- For more information, you can go to the Google Chrome Help page.
The above method will help you to fix Chrome Freezing or Crashing. But in case, you need help then just contact to the team of Microsoft through www.office.com/setup.