MS PowerPoint is the amazing application of MS Office. This application is used for making presentation in schools and offices. You can user this app on any gadget. It can be easily installed through www.office.com/setup. But some users face issues, so in this blog you will read solution to fix PowerPoint Error.
Solution To Troubleshoot MS PowerPoint Error:
- Move MS PowerPoint Presentation to Another Location:
1. Go to the folder which has the presentation file in the Windows Explorer.
- Now, you should copy the presentation to another storage media.
- In case, the presentation is stored on the hard drive, then you should move it to the USB but if the presentation is stored on USB drive, then just move it to the hard drive.
- Then, you should create a new folder on the drive and try to move the presentation into it.
- Here you have to open the copied file to a new location and try to run the file where it is presently saved.
- You should check the original location for errors. If you can easily run the file from a new location, then it means the original location of the presentation has turned corrupt.
For Windows: You should open the Computer system, and then click on My PC which is on the left side and just right-click the disk which is creating issues. After this, just Select Properties, and then choose Tools tab, and then click on Check Now button which is under Error Checking section. Here, you should check both the options and then just click on Start option to repair PowerPoint file.
For Mac: You have to Go to the Utilities folder and then open DiskUtility. After this, just try to open the disk which is creating a problem and then you should click on First-Aid. Now, you should wait till the scan completes.
2. Open PowerPoint in Safe Mode:
1. You should go to the Start menu, and then press Windows and R keys altogether.
2. Now, you have to type powerpoint/safe in the search box and tap on enter key.
3. It opens a new blank presentation. And just ensure Safe Mode appears with the name of the file.
4. Then, click on File menu and just select Open.
5. At last, go to the file and just check it opens in the Safe Mode.
3. Insert slides of Corrupt PowerPoint Presentation into New File:
For PowerPoint 2003 or old versions:
- First, you should open another new PowerPoint document.
- Now, in-Home tab you should select Insert option and Slides from Files choice.
- Then you should use the Slide Finder and just open your new PowerPoint presentation.
- After this, you should check the Keep source organizing box which is situated at right side.
- Now, you should click on the Insert All choice.
- At last, you should keep this new presentation in another location.
For PowerPoint 2007 or Advanced versions:
- You should open another new PowerPoint presentation.
- Now in-Home tab, you have to click on New Slide and then click on the Reuse Slides.
- Just open your new PowerPoint presentation by clicking on the Browse button.
- Here, all sides of your corrupt presentation will appear on the correct board.
- You should check the Keep source organizing button.
- Now, right click on a slide and click to Insert All Slides.
- Just keep this new presentation in another area.
This method will solve your PowerPoint issue. If in case, you are still facing any issue then you can visit to the site of MS Office via office.com/setup.