Outlook application of MS Office software, gives you the automatic spelling and the grammar checker feature to its user. This application also, automatically alerts you to any errors which you made in the email messages. But if Outlook spell check is not working, then maybe you make a mistake which sounds to be unprofessional or embarrassing. Hence, in this blog you will read the common causes of this issue Outlook Spell Check is not working. But in case, the user need any kind of technical support then they can call the expert of Microsoft Office via www.office.com/setup.
Causes of Outlook Spell Check Not Working:
The causes of this issue are due to the Automatic Spelling and Grammar feature is off, may be if you are using Incorrect language, may be due to a corrupt patch or installation of Outlook.
Solution to Fix Outlook Spell Check Not Working: – www.office.com/setup
When the Outlook Spelling and Grammar tool works properly, then it indicates you by underlining mistakes or errors in the message. But if it is not working properly then you should follow the below steps to fix this error.
- You should first restart Outlook application. After restarting Outlook then you must check that the spell check tool is working properly. Because restarting the application fix many issues.
- Secondly, you should set Outlook Auto Check. This feature will set Outlook to automatically check your spelling every time when you send an email message.
- You should change the default language in Outlook. May be the language variation could make the spell check tool work properly. Because, Outlook uses MS Word for composing, so must ensure that what language it is set to like UK English and US English spell words slightly differently.
- Then you should manually run Spell Check tool. For this, you have to enter multiple misspelled words in the new email message, and after this, you should select Review and then just choose Spelling & Grammar so that it run the Spelling and Grammar tool to check the error manually. Through, this you can see that the spell checks is working properly.
- You should disable Message Ignoring feature. This helps you to check that the spell check ignores some parts of your email messages. In case, Outlook is set to ignore the areas like in replies and in forwarded messages, then this may cause the tool not working properly. To fix, you should go to File option and then select Options and after this, choose Mail. At the end, you have to select clear the Ignore original message text in reply or forward option which is under Compose messages, and then just select OK button.
- To fix this issue, you should repair Outlook. You can repair Outlook manually as well as automatically.
The above method will help you to fix the issue Outlook Spell check is not working. In you need any kind of assistance, then you can go to the site of MS Office through office.com/setup.