The user should set up an authenticator app in their device for their work or school account to get a notification or verification code in their mobile device. For help, the user should visit to Www.office.com/myaccount.
Method to Download and Install the App:
- First, you have to install the latest version of the Authenticator app, according to your operating system:
- In your Android device, you should visit to Google Play in order to download and install the Authenticator app.
- In your Apple iOS device, you should visit to the App Store in order to download and install the Authenticator app.
Method to Set up two step verification on Authenticator:
- For this, you should install the Authenticator app
- For installing the Authenticator app in an Android device, you should scan the QR code.
- For installing the Authenticator app in iOS device, you should scan the QR code.
Method to Set up Authenticator app:
- After installing the Authenticator app, the user should open the Authenticator app.
- Now, you have to choose (+) in the upper right side of the screen.
- Then, you should point your camera at the QR code or you can follow the instructions which are given in your account settings.
Method to Set up MS Authenticator app to Send Notifications:
- In the Additional security verification page, you should choose Mobile app from the question i.e. How should we contact you area.
- After this, from the How do you want to use the mobile app area you should choose Receive notifications for verification and then choose Set up.
- Now, the Configure mobile app page display on your screen.
- Here, you should open the Microsoft Authenticator app, and then choose Add account from the Customize and control icon which is located in the upper-right side of the screen and then choose Work or school account.
- From the Configure mobile app screen, you should use your device’s camera to scan the QR code and then select Next.
- At this point, you should Return to your computer system and the Additional security verification page and just ensure you receive the message which says your configuration was successful and then choose Next option. Then, you will find that the authenticator app will send a notification to your mobile device.
- In your mobile device, you should choose Approve option.
- Then in your computer, you should add your mobile device phone number in the Step 3: In case you lose access to the mobile app area, and then choose Next option. Your mobile phone number will act as a backup in case, you cannot use the mobile app.
- In Step 4: Keep using your existing applications area, you should copy the provided app password and just paste it in a safe place.
- At last, you should choose Done option.
With this method, you can setup Authenticator App for your school or work account. For help, go to office.com/myaccount.