If the user wants to switch to a new account or move to a different OS, then they have to delete their Microsoft account by going to office.com/myaccount. In this blog, you will read the method to delete your MS Account and Microsoft Team Account.
Method To Permanently Delete Your MS Account:
1. Before Actual Account Deletion:
1. First, you have to unsubscribe from the services with which your account has been linked.
2. After this, you should set up an automated email forward.
3. Through this way, everybody in your contacts came to know that your account is no longer available. All of your email addresses linked with that account which ends with: Hotmail.com, Outlook.com, Live.com and Msn.com.
4. You should spend all the money which is on the account.
5. Now, you have to create the backups of data.
6. Next, you have to handle the sub-accounts like the child sub-account which you have created for the use of Xbox.
7. At the end, you should Turn off reset protection in your devices.
2. Delete your Microsoft Account:
1. First, you have to visit to the Microsoft’s webpage via office.com/myaccount .
2. Now, you should visit to the close your account page.
3. Then, you have to enter the email address which is linked with the account and then hit on Next option.
4. After this, you should type in your password.
5. Here, you have to Log in and tap on Next button.
6. Next, you have to check the each checkbox which will delete your account.
7. At this point, you have to tap on the dropdown arrow and then choose the reason for why you are deleting your account. Here, you have to select one of the options.
8. At the end, you should choose Mark account for closure and hit on Done option.
Method to Delete Microsoft Team Account:
Method 1. Delete Free Microsoft Teams Account:
- For this, you should first you should visit to Microsoft Live Close My account page in a web browser.
- After this, you should Sign in with the account which you want to delete by entering your email address and password.
- Here, you should verify your identity. Microsoft has send the code on your phone number or email ID with which you can verify your identity.
- Next, you should review the information which is related to close your account on the confirmation page and then hit on Next button.
- Now, you should use the drop down to choose the reason for closing the account. And tap on all the checkboxes which is present on the screen.
- At the end, you should tap on the Mark account for closure button.
Method 2. Delete an Account from an Organization/Enterprise:
- First, you should visit to the MS Team account and then sign in.
- After this, you should tap on Active Users.
- Now, you should tap to select a user which you wish to delete.
- Then, you should tap on Delete User option.
With this above method, you can permanently delete your MS Account and Microsoft Team Account. For details about MS Account, visit to the site via www.office.com/myaccount.