If in case, the user is facing Window Update Error then they should manually reset Window Update Components. Generally, this error occurs because of the damage or corrupt Window update components or may be due to outdated Windows. In this blog, you will read how to manually reset Window Update Components. But for more information, you should contact to the Microsoft team via www.office.com/setup.
Manually Reset Windows Update Components:
- First, you should open a command prompt.
In Windows 10, you have to press and hold the Windows logo button on the taskbar and then you should select Command Prompt as an Admin. After this, you should click on Yes option, if the User Account Control box displays on your screen.
In Windows8.1 and Windows 8: Go to the Start screen, then select Search, and then type cmd. Here, in the search results, you should press-and-hold or just right-click on Command Prompt. After this, you should select Run as Administrator.
In Windows 7 and earlier versions: You need to press the Windows logo key + R, then type cmd in the Run box, and tap on Enter. After this, right-click on cmd and then you have to select Run as Administrator.
- Now, you have to stop the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and also the Cryptographic service. For this, at a command prompt, you have to type the following commands and just press Enter key after each command.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
- Then, you have to delete the qmgr.dat files. For this, at a command prompt, you should type the following command, and then tap on Enter key:
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”
- Here, at a command prompt, you should type the following command, and tap on Enter key:
cd /d %windir%\system32
- After this, you should reregister the BITS files and also the Windows Update files. For this, at a command prompt, you should type the following commands and tap on Enter after each command.
- At this point, you should check the problem Windows update error is fixed or not. If in case, the error is still there then you should continue the next steps.
- Now, you should reset Winsock. For this, at a command prompt, just type the following command and hit Enter: www.office.com/setup
netsh winsock reset
- If in case, you are running Windows XP, then you should configure the proxy settings. For this, at a command prompt, you need to type the following command, and hit Enter:
- But in case, you are running other versions of Windows, then at a command prompt, you should type the following command and tap on Enter:
netsh winhttp reset proxy
- Here, you should Restart the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and also the Cryptographic service. For this, at a command prompt, just type the following commands and hit Enter after each command.
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
- In Windows Vista only, you should clear the BITS queue. For this, at a command prompt, you should type the following command and tap Enter:
bitsadmin.exe /reset /allusers
- At last, you should Restart the computer system.
For assistance or support, just contact to the support team of Microsoft through office.com/setup.
check here this link: Quick Method To Get And Use BlueStacks on Mac: