Microsoft Office 365 is the powerful software which can easily install through www.office.com/setup. In this blog, you will read the method to install Microsoft Office 365 on Mac.
Method To Install Microsoft Office 365 on Mac:
1. Sign in and Install Office 365:
1. The user should visit to office.com/setup and incase, the user is not already signed in and then choose Sign in option.
2. Here, the user should Sign in with the account which is linked with your Office version. This account can be related to your Microsoft account or work or school account.
3. When you sign in, you should match the type of account for which you signed in with.
If you signed in with Microsoft account, then from the Office home page you should choose Install Office just to start the download.
But if you signed in with a work or school account, then from the Microsoft 365 home page you should choose Install Office option.
4. To start the download, you should choose Office 365 apps.
5. At the end, you should follow the instructions just to finish installing your Office apps.
2. Install Office 365:
1. When the download procedure of Office 365 has completed, then you should open Finder and then visit to Downloads. After this, you should double-tap on Microsoft Office installer.pkg file.
2. In the installation screen, you should choose Continue option to start the installation procedure.
3. You have to Review the software license agreement and then just tap on Continue option.
4. At this point, you should choose Agree option in order to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
5. Here, you should select the option to install Office and then tap on Continue option.
6. The user should review the disk space requirements or they can change the install location and then hit on Install button.
7. After this, you should input your Mac login password, if it is asked and then just tap on Install Software.
8. At last, you will view the software will start installing and then just tap on Close option if the installation process is complete.
3. Activate MS Office 365:
1. For activating, you should hit on the Launchpad icon in the Dock just to show all of your apps.
2. After this, you should hit on the Microsoft Word icon in the Launchpad.
3. The user will view the What’s New window opens up automatically if you launch Word. You just have to tap on Get Started button in order to begin activation process.
Troubleshoot Activation Errors of Office For Mac:
- Can’t Activate Office after Installation:
- First, you should make sure your internet is working on the Mac on which you want to install Office. For this, you have to open your internet browser and then visit to office.com/setup365.
- After this, you should Reset your credentials:
You should open Spotlight just by choosing the magnifying glass which is located at the top right of your computer.
Then, you should Search for and open Keychain.
Now, you have to type in Office and then remove the data license file.
At last, you should download and run the script.
2.”No license found” error / Can’t activate Outlook:
1. Are you using the correct Microsoft Account?
For this, you should Sign out and again Sign in with the account linked with your Microsoft 365 subscription. You can choose “Sign in with another account” to move further.
2.Are you trying to activate Outlook with an Office Home and Student 2016 license?
Remember, the Office Home & Student license does not come with Outlook. If the user wants to use Outlook, then they can switch to a different Microsoft 365 home subscription. But if you want to keep the license which you have, then you should drag the Outlook app to Trash in order to delete it.
If the user has Microsoft 365 work or school account, then your license is not set up by your system administrator.
If the user doesn’t have a current subscription, you should sign up for trial account.
- Can’t Sign in to Activate:
The user should first verify that their Microsoft Account has a license:
For this, you should Sign in to your Microsoft Account via office.com/myaccount. After this, you should hit on the Install Office button.
In case, you have Office license which is listed on the new page. At last, you can Sign in with the correct account.
- Activated but Still Prompted to Activate:
First, you have to Quit the app. In case, you are using Word, then you should visit to the upper left side of your screen and then hit on Word and then tap on Quit Word. For this, you should Restart any Office app and then you will see the message will be gone. But if you view a constant issue, then you should reset your credentials:
For this, you should open Spotlight just by choosing the magnifying glass which is located at the top right side of your computer. After this, you should Search for and then open Key chain. Here, you should write in Office and then remove the data license file. At last, you need to Download and run this script.