Microsoft Word is the well known application of MS Office developed by Microsoft. This application helps the user in many ways like making notes, resumes, creating text document and formatting etc. You can enjoy this application of MS Office by installing this software in your device through www.office.com/setup. The Word application also provides the Dictate feature which allows the user to write without typing. This dictate feature is available for Windows as well as Mac users. For using this feature, your device should have the minimum system requirements. You have to make certain configurations in it for using this feature. In this blog, you will read about the necessary requirements and then about the configurations.
read here also>>> Easy Way To Fix MS Office 365 Error Code 0-2035(0):
What are the Pre-requisites for Using This Feature?
- The very important thing which is required is your device must be microphone enabled or your device has external microphone.
- The device on which you have install MS Office software must have insider build 16.32(19120802) or you can install later.
- If you are using this feature on your device, you should have high speed internet connection.
- If possible, then it is advised there should be less voice in the background.
- You should Sign in to your account which is linked with your Office subscription.
- For better results, you should use a headset or microphone which is basically used for dictating.
How to Make Configuration to Enable the Dictate Feature?
- For this, first you should turn on the microphone.
- Then you should select the preferred language in which you will dictate Word to write the given command.
- From the drop down menu, you can select the preferred language.
- You should also make the changes in the settings of your microphone or also make changes in the device’s audio function.
How to Start the Dictation?
- You should launch your MS Word application on your Apple device.
- In case, you do not have it then you should download through the Apple App Store.
- Now, you have to select the ‘Home’ button.
- After this, you should click on the ‘Dictate’ option.
- Here, you will see the icon on the ribbon.
- You just have to click on the icon and then just wait for few seconds.
- Then you will see the red colored dot displays on your computer screen.
- Now you should start speaking the words which you want to put in your document.
- After this, just make the corrections, and then click on the ‘Dictate’ button when you are done.
This method helps you to dictate your document in Word on Mac. In case, you have any kind of issues then you can call the expert of MS Office anytime on their toll free number. The customer care executives are always there for your help and they are well trained. For more details, just visit to the site of MS Office via office.com/setup.