If the user is sharing their computer with multiple users, then you should create an account for each user. And for Local user account, you do not require Microsoft email address. For details for creating a account, visit to the site of Microsoft via office.com/myaccount. In this blog, you will read the method to create a New User account and New local User Account.
Method to Create New User Account in Window XP:
- For this, first you have to log on as the Administrator, so that you should have the control over all processes and users on the computer.
- After this, you should visit to the Start Menu and then open Control Panel which is located on the left-hand side of the screen. Because, here all the administrative tools are located.
- Now, you should tap on User Accounts. Here, you can edit the settings for everyone’s accounts.
- Then, you should tap on Create a New Account.
- At this point, you should type the username into the given area and then tap on Next option.
- Next, you should choose whether you wish your account to be an administrator or a limited account. In administrator account, you will have the full control over all resources and in the limited account, you cannot perform many authorized tasks. Just tap on the appropriate bubble and then hit on Create Account.
- Here, you should choose a picture for your account. The user can select from the given pictures, or they can browse through pictures.
- At the end, you should type the password if you want. In case, you don’t want a password then you should not enter a password.
Method to Create New Local User Account in Window 10:
- For this, you should open the Settings app.
- After this, you should visit to the Accounts category.
- Now, you should choose Family & other people from the left side of the computer.
- At this point, you should tap on + Add someone else to this PC. This option is available under the “Other people” category which is located at the bottom of the computer. This will open a new window.
- Here, you should wait for few seconds so that the content load.
- Then, you should tap on “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” which is located at the bottom of the window.
- Next, you should tap on the “Add a user without a Microsoft account” link.
- The user should fill out the details by typing a username and enter a password and then tap on the Next button.
- At the end, the account will come under the “Other people” header.
With this method, the user can create a new user and a new local user account in Window XP and Window 10. To know more details about the Microsoft Account, the user should visit to the official website via office.com/myaccount.